Kafka not getting rid of data when setting retention.ms

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


Kafka not getting rid of data when setting retention.ms



So when I look for a way to count the messages in a topic, this one is good



kafka-run-class kafka.tools.GetOffsetShell --broker-list broker1:9092,broker2:9092,broker3:9092 --topic rev-dly-upd --time -1


kafka-run-class kafka.tools.GetOffsetShell --broker-list broker1:9092,broker2:9092,broker3:9092 --topic rev-dly-upd --time -1



The only thing is, when I change the retention.ms config to retention.ms=1000, and even check that the topic has been configured by running kafka-topics --describe --zookeeper zookeeper1:2181 --topic rev-dly-upd . I can see clearly that that config is set at 1000...


retention.ms


retention.ms=1000


kafka-topics --describe --zookeeper zookeeper1:2181 --topic rev-dly-upd


Topic:rev-dly-upd PartitionCount:8 ReplicationFactor:3 Configs:retention.ms=1000
Topic: rev-dly-upd Partition: 0 Leader: 159 Replicas: 159,96,160 Isr: 159,96,160
Topic: rev-dly-upd Partition: 1 Leader: 160 Replicas: 160,159,94 Isr: 94,160,159
Topic: rev-dly-upd Partition: 2 Leader: 94 Replicas: 94,160,95 Isr: 95,94,160
Topic: rev-dly-upd Partition: 3 Leader: 95 Replicas: 95,94,96 Isr: 95,96,94
Topic: rev-dly-upd Partition: 4 Leader: 96 Replicas: 96,95,159 Isr: 95,96,159
Topic: rev-dly-upd Partition: 5 Leader: 159 Replicas: 159,160,94 Isr: 159,94,160
Topic: rev-dly-upd Partition: 6 Leader: 160 Replicas: 160,94,95 Isr: 94,160,95
Topic: rev-dly-upd Partition: 7 Leader: 94 Replicas: 94,95,96 Isr: 95,96,94



yet when I run kafka-run-class kafka.tools.GetOffsetShell --broker-list broker1:9092,broker2:9092,broker3:9092 --topic rev-dly-upd --time -1 all I always get records returned. What could the reasons be?


kafka-run-class kafka.tools.GetOffsetShell --broker-list broker1:9092,broker2:9092,broker3:9092 --topic rev-dly-upd --time -1









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Arduino Mega cannot recieve any sketches, stk500_recv() programmer is not responding

Visual Studio Code: How to configure includePath for better IntelliSense results

C++ virtual function: Base class function is called instead of derived