I have excel dates entered as 1/9/18, and I'd like to change them to 1/1/09

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPPI have excel dates entered as 1/9/18, and I'd like to change them to 1/1/09
In the format 1/9/18 the date is wrong. But the true date is made up of the wrong dates' month as month and day as year.
So I'd like to convert 1/9/18 to 1/1/09 meaning January 1, 2009.
1/9/18
1/1/09
1 Answer
1
If your computer's regional system uses a DMY 'short date' then put this in an unused column to the right.
=date(2000+month(a2), day(a1), 1)
But if your computer's regional system uses a MDY 'short date' then put this in an unused column to the right.
=date(2000+day(a2), month(a1), 1)
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.
What is the rule that says
1/9/18should be converted to1/1/09?– мυѕτавєւмo
6 mins ago