Create a new column based on an index column with error

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPPCreate a new column based on an index column with error
I am referring to a previous question:-
Create a new column based on an index column
I've tried few conversions to convert into tibble but still hitting the following error:
> Can't use matrix or array for column indexing
Need to create the NewCol based on the colnumber in SecondLast
Here the sample data:-
structure(list(L1;L2;L3;L4;L5;L6;L7;L8;L9;L10;SecondLast;NewCol = c("10001;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;1;10001",
"10005;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;1;10005", "10006;10001;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;2;10001",
"10007;10003;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;2;10003", "10008;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;1;10008",
"10009;10004;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;2;10009", "10021;10005;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;2;10005",
"10022;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;1;10022", "10023;10055;10182;10201;10164;10088;10049;10027;10022;1;9;10022",
"10024;10004;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;2;10004", "10025;10055;10182;10201;10164;10088;10049;10027;10022;1;9;10022",
"10030;10010;10003;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;NA;3;10003", "10031;10043;10056;10020;10003;1;NA;NA;NA;NA;5;10003"
)), row.names = c(NA, -13L), class = c("tbl_df", "tbl", "data.frame"
), spec = structure(list(cols = list(`L1;L2;L3;L4;L5;L6;L7;L8;L9;L10;SecondLast;NewCol` = structure(list(), class = c("collector_character",
"collector"))), default = structure(list(), class = c("collector_guess",
"collector"))), class = "col_spec"))
This is the code I used:
df$Leader <- df [1:30][cbind(seq_len(nrow(df)), df$SecondLast)]
df$Leader <- df [1:30][cbind(seq_len(nrow(df)), df$SecondLast)]
How to convert the data type into the right class?
Noted...I try harder next time...thanks
– kengfui
1 hour ago
You may want to share your sample data using
dput(head(df))– Prem
1 hour ago
dput(head(df))
Getting better....thanks for the input.
– kengfui
49 mins ago
1 Answer
1
I got it finally....
The initial class for my table is
[1] "tbl_df" "tbl" "data.frame"
I did a as.data.frame conversion to
[1] "data.frame"
Thanks guys
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.
Please format you question and make it easier on eyes.
– Arash Kazemi
1 hour ago