How do you load an alternate jquery in a webpack module?

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPPHow do you load an alternate jquery in a webpack module?
I need to load alternate versions of jQuery other than the one in my node_modules. I have a local copy of the script but I am unable to get it to load in my webpack app.ts. I have removed the global jQuery and resolve path for node_modules in my webpack config since I do not want the version from node_modules. However I can't figure out how I can pass the loaded jquery to the scripts that require it.
I have multiple entry points (app.ts) each which needs to be able to load a different jquery so I can not define jquery in the webpack config as I would like to use the same config for processing all my entry points.
app.ts
import jquery from '../../../js/jquery-3.3.1.js';
// tried this but didn't help
// window.$ = jquery;
// window.jquery = jquery;
// these two require jquery but fail, it only works if I add back in
// the webpack config to find jquery in node_modules which is what I
// don't want. popper.js has the same issue as jquery.
import '../../../js/popper-1.12.9.min.js';
import '../../../js/bootstrap-4.0.0.js';
import './js/jquery.matchHeight-min.js';
...
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.