How to interpret Pythone memory usage with guppy?

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


How to interpret Pythone memory usage with guppy?



I am using code for spectral estimation of geophysical time series.


import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
plt.style.use("ggplot")
import numpy as np
from mtspec import mtspec
from mtspec.util import _load_mtdata

from guppy import hpy
h = hpy()
print h.heap()

data = np.loadtxt('500.dat')

spec,freq,jackknife,f_statistics,degrees_of_f = mtspec(data=data, delta= 40.0, time_bandwidth=4 ,number_of_tapers=7, nfft= 512, statistics=True)



I got this:


milenko@milenko-HP-Compaq-6830s:~$ python mt4.py
Partition of a set of 214843 objects. Total size = 35303944 bytes.
Index Count % Size % Cumulative % Kind (class / dict of class)
0 15461 7 8538896 24 8538896 24 unicode
1 77241 36 7769768 22 16308664 46 str
2 43700 20 3870600 11 20179264 57 tuple
3 582 0 1443984 4 21623248 61 dict of PyQt4.QtCore.pyqtWrapperType
4 352 0 1395712 4 23018960 65 dict of module
5 10118 5 1295104 4 24314064 69 types.CodeType
6 858 0 1265136 4 25579200 72 dict (no owner)
7 9893 5 1187160 3 26766360 76 function
8 1123 1 1112392 3 27878752 79 dict of type
9 1123 1 1012552 3 28891304 82 type
<900 more rows. Type e.g. '_.more' to view.>



If I take time series with 1000points(500 was in previous case),I got the same:


milenko@milenko-HP-Compaq-6830s:~$ python mt5.py
Partition of a set of 214843 objects. Total size = 35303944 bytes.
Index Count % Size % Cumulative % Kind (class / dict of class)
0 15461 7 8538896 24 8538896 24 unicode
1 77241 36 7769768 22 16308664 46 str
2 43700 20 3870600 11 20179264 57 tuple
3 582 0 1443984 4 21623248 61 dict of PyQt4.QtCore.pyqtWrapperType
4 352 0 1395712 4 23018960 65 dict of module
5 10118 5 1295104 4 24314064 69 types.CodeType
6 858 0 1265136 4 25579200 72 dict (no owner)
7 9893 5 1187160 3 26766360 76 function
8 1123 1 1112392 3 27878752 79 dict of type
9 1123 1 1012552 3 28891304 82 type
<900 more rows. Type e.g. '_.more' to view.>



So it means that doubling the time series nothing(that I can see) changes.How to interpret this?Is guppy right choice for me?


guppy




1 Answer
1



is it hard to understand python on a professional level? I am a new one in it so I would love to hear an answer from developers... Can somebody tell where I can teach






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Arduino Mega cannot recieve any sketches, stk500_recv() programmer is not responding

Visual Studio Code: How to configure includePath for better IntelliSense results

C++ virtual function: Base class function is called instead of derived