Linear aproximation in excel between ages

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


Linear aproximation in excel between ages



so I have a problem with linear aproximation in excel, see the data below...


Age X1 Population
20-24 11 1243
25-29 13 3411
30-34 15 3973



What I need to do is that I have data like these and I want to calculate X1 not for "Age" between ages as you can see but to calculate it for every single age, so not 20-24 but 20,21,22,23,24...For that I have population info, so I know that for 20 there is 200 population, 21 231 population and so no...



Really apreaciate your help!





How are you doing this now, without excel?
– Ron Rosenfeld
Jun 28 at 19:04





I may be stupid but how do we know that 20 = 200, 21 = 231, etc?
– Scott Craner
Jun 28 at 19:12





Calculate X1 for each age proportionally. So for 20, X1 = 11 * 200 / 1243.
– jblood94
Jun 28 at 19:18





"problem with linear aproximation " <--- seems like a math problem for me. | Since the basic straight line equation (in math) is y = m*x + c , --> try to explore LINEST() function in excel.
– p._phidot_
5 hours ago


y = m*x + c









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Arduino Mega cannot recieve any sketches, stk500_recv() programmer is not responding

Visual Studio Code: How to configure includePath for better IntelliSense results

C++ virtual function: Base class function is called instead of derived