No Angular syntax coloration in Intellij

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


No Angular syntax coloration in Intellij



I recently imported an existing project into IntelliJ that uses Angular6+ and Typescript.
Unfortunately, I can't get the syntax coloration to work as expected (see image below), even though IntelliJ did recognize Typescript at some point and I downloaded the AngularJS plugin from this adress and copied it in the Idea > plugins folder. I then followed this Jet Brains Angular page but I still don't see coloration in my code (you can however see what I expect on the capture "Generating code with Angular Schematics").



Has anyone ever experienced the same problem ?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide !



[edit] Here's the image of what I get :
Syntax coloration no working





Are you using IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate?
– yole
23 hours ago





please can you elaborate on this? what do you mean saying that it doesn't work as expected? Please provide screenshots illustrating this
– lena
22 hours ago





I'm sorry, I thought I had put an image, this is my first post on Stack Overflow, I'm not that familiar with the commands :/ I edited my question to provide an image. No @yole I have the community version, do you think it does not support it ?
– ahuetWL
2 hours ago







Can you check the settings (Ctrl+Alt+S) under Editor > Code Style if there is an entry for "Typescript"? Additionally, in the right bottom corner there is a little head. If you click on it, there is a bar you can move from "None" to "Inspection". Move it to "Inspection" and disable "Power Save Mode".
– kedenk
1 hour ago


Editor > Code Style





Hello @kedenk, Thank you for considering this. I don't see Typescript in Editor > Code Style (among Java, HTML etc right?). Would you know how to add it ? Also the bottom right corner head in indeed on "Inspection" and "Power Save Mode" is off.
– ahuetWL
1 hour ago






1 Answer
1



Typescript language is only supported in the Ultimate Edition of IntelliJ. See here: IntelliJ Version Comparison



In the Ultimate Version, you are able to install to install a Typescript Plugin. Also, the NodeJS Plugin is only supported in the Ultimate edition which you need for Angular development.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Arduino Mega cannot recieve any sketches, stk500_recv() programmer is not responding

Visual Studio Code: How to configure includePath for better IntelliSense results

C++ virtual function: Base class function is called instead of derived