Run Python script on Terminal and keep using the terminal afterwards

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPPRun Python script on Terminal and keep using the terminal afterwards
I have a script that I activate via the terminal that listens to events. I want to keep using the terminal after the script runs, but the script is running and I can't type anything. The only way I know that lets me keep typing is by using the Ctrl + C combination, but this stops the script.
So how can I run the script in the background and keep using the terminal without terminating it?
&
Possible duplicate of run a shell script and immediately background it, however keep the ability to inspect its output
– Green Cloak Guy
2 mins ago
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.
That's more of a "how do I use my shell?" question, but you can run commands in the background by adding
&to the command line.– melpomene
9 mins ago