Flutter TextField - how to shrink the font if the text entered overflows

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPPFlutter TextField - how to shrink the font if the text entered overflows
I have a TextField (not a Text) widget that must remain on one line. I want to reduce it's font size if the text entered is too large for the TextField box, ie shrink it if it overflows. How can I do this?
I have written some code like this in a stateful component
if (textLength < 32) {
newAutoTextVM.fontSize = 35.0;
} else if (textLength < 42) {
newAutoTextVM.fontSize = 25.0;
In the view
fontSize: 25.0,
but it isn't very intelligent, it doesn't cope with resizing, also, because the font size isn't monospaced (courier etc), different characters take up different amounts of space.
1 Answer
1
I have searched through the docs and found a couple of solutions that could come at your help:
Depending on the rest of your code one of these solutions could be better, try tweaking around.
Hope it helps.
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.
thank you but TextField doesn't have those properties (these all apply to Text)
– orangesherbert
5 mins ago