Change height of Wordpress default audio player

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPPChange height of Wordpress default audio player
I am using the standard [audio] shortcode to embed the built-in mediaelement audio player. I have overridden the style sheets so I can customise them, as described here. I have hidden the volume slider and changed the background colour. This is what I have so far:

Now I want to make the player thinner. I want to change the height of mejs-container, but there are inline styles which are preventing me from overriding the height in CSS:
mejs-container
<div id="mep_2"
class="mejs-container mejs-container-keyboard-inactive wp-audio-shortcode mejs-audio mejs-hide-cues"
tabindex="0" role="application" aria-label="Audio Player"
style="width: 322.4375px; height: 40px; min-width: 245px;">
I believe that when the player is instantiated, it is possible to supply a custom height, like this:
$('#audio-player').mediaelementplayer({
alwaysShowControls: true,
features: ['playpause','progress','volume'],
audioVolume: 'horizontal',
audioWidth: 450,
audioHeight: 70,
iPadUseNativeControls: true,
iPhoneUseNativeControls: true,
AndroidUseNativeControls: true
});
What I need to know is, where is the WordPress code which instantiates the player, and how can I override this code to supply my own custom height?
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.