Excel Formula Help (Subtract 1 from values in column until 0 then move on to next value)

Clash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPPExcel Formula Help (Subtract 1 from values in column until 0 then move on to next value)
I am trying to figure out a problem in excel and I can't figure out how to use a formula to get the answer i want. I have a list of numbers in a column. Column A. Ex. 16,1,6,1. In another column B I would like it to subtract 1 from the first cell until 0 is reached and then move onto the next value and so on. So for example, column b would be 15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0,0,5,4,3,2,1,0,0. Any help would be so great. Thank you! I have tried using the max function but I don't quite understand it.
1 Answer
1
in the A1 cell have your value at 15. In B1 use the formula =A1-1. Then drag that formula across all cells in that row and it will keep subtracting 1 from the cell value on its left.
=A1-1
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.