How can I see file content in real time on Linux?
How can I see file content in real time on Linux?
I have a log file which will be write some data in it continuously.
How can I see what data is being written to the file on my Linux terminal without opening the file?
2 Answers
2
You can use tail's -F option to follow in real time the changes made to your file:
tail
-F
tail -F my_file.log
Note: By default, tail prints the last 10 lines of your file. If you want to see more lines you can use the -n option:
tail
-n
tail -F -n 50 my_file.log # See the last 50 lines in real time
tail -f filename -n 100
tail -f filename -n 100
-n -> number of lines
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.