How to convert int64 to datetime in pandas

The name of the pictureThe name of the pictureThe name of the pictureClash Royale CLAN TAG#URR8PPP


How to convert int64 to datetime in pandas



I have a pandas dataframe that has a column of type int64 but this columns represets date, e.g. 20180501. I'd like to convert this column to datetime and I'm having the following code but it returns an error message


df['new_date'] = pd.to_datetime(df['old_date'].astype('str'), format = '%y%m%d')



I'm getting the following error message


ValueError: unconverted data remains: 0501



How can I fix my code?




1 Answer
1



You need a capital Y. See Python's strftime directives for a complete reference.


Y


df = pd.DataFrame({'old_date': [20180501, 20181230, 20181001]})

df['new_date'] = pd.to_datetime(df['old_date'].astype(str), format='%Y%m%d')

print(df)

old_date new_date
0 20180501 2018-05-01
1 20181230 2018-12-30
2 20181001 2018-10-01






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

Arduino Mega cannot recieve any sketches, stk500_recv() programmer is not responding

Better method to check all objects' parameters with a single call

Visual Studio Code: How to configure includePath for better IntelliSense results